Troops arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah in June 1858.

sent by President James Buchanan to suppress the rumored rebellion in Utah. this came to be known as the Utah War.  Soon after their arrival, troops settled in the Cedar Valley area and eventually Fairfield, where 400 buildings were constructed by November 1858.

The army consisted of more than 3,500 military and civilian employees    (nearly one-third of the entire U.S. Army),

including cavalry, artillery, infantry, and support units. This was the largest single troop concentration then in the United States.

Camp Floyd, named in honor of Secretary of War John Floyd, was built.

At their height, Camp Floyd was the largest military installation in the United States. The population of Camp Floyd and the town of Fairfield grew to 7,000 making it the third largest city in the Utah Territory. 

The rebellion never took place, leaving the army with routine garrison duty that included protecting the stagecoach and Pony Express routes, preventing Indian marauding, and mapping and surveying responsibilities.

Supplying the large garrison, 1100 miles from Fort Leavenworth, was costly. It was rumored to be an attempt by Secretary of War Floyd (a known southern sympathizer) to drain the federal treasury. A contract with the firm of Russell, Majors and Waddell for delivery of 16 million pounds of freight required 3500 wagons, 40,000 oxen, 1000 mules and more than 4000 men. This same company formed the Pony Express, which had a station in Fairfield.

After Secretary of War Floyd resigned on December 29, 1860, Camp Floyd was renamed Fort Crittenden.

  In 1861, tensions between the north and south resulted in civil war. Troops were ordered back East for the emergency, including a "who's who" of would-be Civil War generals such as Johnston, Buford, Reynolds, and Heth.

Nearly all the buildings erected by the army were  sold, destroyed or transported. All that remain today are the military cemetery and one commissary building.

Two months after the army's departure, only 18 families remained in Fairfield.

Though the Pony Express station has long since disappeared, the Inn still stands as the centerpiece of today's state park. The Inn has been restored and is open for visitation, the commissary building serves as a visitor center, and there is an interpretive wayside exhibit in the picnic area.

there was two locations that was covered this night. the stage coach in. (the side where the family resided) and the old school. Below is some data that has been collected at the old school and some images of the location to give a better understanding of the surroundings.  

 during the investigation at the old school there was a point when mandi had reported seeing a orb like flash. while she was pointing in the direction of where she had seen it a photo was taken. Below is what the camera had captured.

 Below is a series of photos that had been taken. the first image is a base photo showing nothing Unexplained in it but it will give a guide line to the photos that follow.